3D Graphics in Android: Sensors and VR
- Animation, Touch Control and Lighting
- In this first module, we're going to look at some core functions which we can use within Android to create 3D objects and scenes. We'll begin by looking at how we can add animation to 3D objects and make these interactive using touch control. We'll then look at using lighting and reflection to make our 3D objects look more realistic.
- Textures, Multiple Objects and Blending
- In this module, we're going to look at making scenes and objects even more realistic. We'll begin by learning how to apply textures to objects. We'll then look at creating multiple 3D objects and how to combine these using transparency and blending.
- Creating a virtual environment
- In this module, we'll build on the topics we've covered so far to create interactive virtual environments. We'll begin by looking at what sensors are available on Android phones and how we can use them. We'll then look at the frame buffer and the effects we can produce with it. Finally, we'll look at implementing the VR binocular view.
- Create a VR app
- In this final module, you will apply everything you have learned into a summative assignment by creating a VR app which uses binocular view.